This is the only picture I have from our first date. We met on mutual and chatted for maybe a week. This was before you picked me up. You now know the 4th is my favorite holiday. I was afraid you were going to ruin it.
My whole family wanted to sit on the porch and see you. I refused to let them. They ended our winning no matter how big of fit I put up. I was so mad. They started fireworks an hour early to have an excuse to see you. I sat outside with them so you wouldn't have to walk up to the door with all of them surround it. I didn't know how it was going to work, but I'd figure it out. You pulled up and I got up right when I saw you. I immediately walked over. You looked different from your pictures, you were freshly shaved. I was expecting someone more rugged.
But you impressed me. When we talked until almost midnight about cereal, the NBA, fireworks, and other life stuff, I thought it was only ten o' clock until you mentioned we should go. I had so much fun talking with you.
Tam asked me what I thought of you. I told her I didn't know, you looked different, and it was fun, but it wasn't like mind blowing. Then I told her we talked and I didn't realize the time that pasted. She told me I'd marry you. I told her it had only been one date, but I'd give you a second one.
That when you texted me the next day, in the evening (you kept me waiting all day!) and asked me how many bowls of cereal I had eaten that day. I don't think I've ever smiled that big. You listened.

No comments:
Post a Comment