
And there it is!
We're engaged!
Caleb and I have become big fans of drives through the canyon and setting out our hammock. So where else would we go but to the place we "almost" had our first kiss. Well, I say it is, and Caleb says he would have kissed me there if I had just given him the chance to.
I remember stopping at this spot months and months ago. We decided to stop on our drive. We were walking around in a beautiful meadow and then turned around to a tree that said "Will you marry me?" I remember thinking, that was probably one of the most awkward things written when you've only been on a few dates with a guy and I knew he wanted to kiss me haha.
When Caleb took me to this same spot I knew he wanted to propose. Heck, I knew he wanted to propose even before then. He brought me flowers before our date, which he never ever had done before.
We had a picnic in "our spot" in our hammock. I thought I saw him sneak something in the pocket of the hammock. When it was time to go and he asked me to grab his keys from the pocket for him, I thought "the ring must not be in the pocket then if he's asking me to get his keys." WRONG. It was in the pocket. I pulled it out and just looked at him.
He walked over to me and said so many great things I'm sure, but I can't remember one thing he said haha, then he got on one knee and asked me to marry him. Of course I said "Yes!" Man, I love him like crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment